This Peppermint Hot Chocolate Pie is an Easy, No-Bake, Dessert!
Hot chocolate season is here!
This peppermint, hot chocolate pie is not to be missed when you have that “gotta have it” hot chocolate craving!
Not that hot chocolate has a season, but there’s something about the holidays being just around the corner that moves hot chocolate to the top of my “favorite warm drinks” list.
I look for any excuse to make some (It’s Tuesday? Check!)
But a funny thing happened the other day…
I was baking and thinking about hot cocoa powder…
But using it in a brand, new way.
Beyond the mug, if you will. :)
Inspiration tends to hit me when I’m baking.
While homemade goodies filled my kitchen with a sweet aroma, I reached into the pantry, saw my cocoa powder and spied some hot chocolate mix.
Peppermint Hot Chocolate Pie is an Easy Dessert!
Instant hot cocoa is basically a sweetened cocoa powder after all, isn’t it?
And since there are two very pie-appropriate holidays approaching, that potential seemed best realized in the form of a super-easy, no bake, 6 ingredient pie.
Chocolate and peppermint are such a classic and beautiful combination, especially in a dessert.
They satisfy your sweet tooth and cleanse the palate all at once, providing a perfect finish to a tasty meal.
Since this pie was inspired by a peppermint hot chocolate drink, I mimicked the flavor layers in the mug in the pie!
How to Make Peppermint Hot Chocolate Pie
Start with a prepared chocolate crust from the store, then fill it with a light-as-air whipped mousse made with hot chocolate mix, heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and a little pure peppermint extract.
Then, top it off with marshmallow fluff, a sprinkle of cocoa powder (optional), and crushed candy canes or peppermint candies (also optional).
Now, you can enjoy a beautiful, easy, and delicious dessert ready to enjoy in under 8 minutes!
You may even have the ingredients already sitting in your pantry, so what are you waiting for?
- 1 prepared 6 oz chocolate pie crust
- 4 packets instant hot chocolate (21 g each, about 1 cup total)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp pure peppermint extract
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups marshmallow fluff
- Unsweetened cocoa powder and crushed peppermint candy for garnish (optional)
- Place the whipped cream in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on high until soft peaks form.
- Add the powdered sugar, hot chocolate mix and peppermint extract to the heavy cream. Beat again until incorporated and firm peaks form. Pour the hot chocolate mousse into the pie crust and spread evenly.
- Top the mousse with the marshmallow fluff and garnish with cocoa powder and crust peppermint candy if desired.
- Serve chilled.