Have you seen Disney’s new Cinderella movie? There is a simple quote from the movie that has endeared itself to viewers.
“Have courage and be kind.” -Cinderella movie
Even if you haven’t seen the movie, I’m sure you’d agree that it’s a beautiful expression. By following the tutorial below, you can turn the quote into a wearable item for your little princess’s wardrobe.
Everyone could use a little more courage and kindness! Inspired by the movie, this tee is a lovely inspiration piece for your child to wear time and time again. It’s a perfect reminder for exhibiting both bravery and kindness. The shirt makes a great gift item too!
This DIY project is exceptionally easy to complete! It’s perfect for the novice and expert crafter alike. The have courage and be kind tee is such a quick craft that you might find yourself wanting to make one for yourself too. Hey, just make several and stash them away for gift items! Grab the printable below and get ready to make this oh so cute tee that is fit for a princess! And, you may notice the text is backwards — that’s so it will print out correctly on your child’s fave tee!
Have Courage and Be Kind Tee
Have Courage and Be Kind Printable
- Save and print the movie quote printable onto a piece of transfer paper. The printable is already reversed so it will end up transferring correctly. Tip: Follow the directions on the transfer paper’s packaging to know which side of the paper to print on.
- Cut around the printed words.
- Lay the quote onto your t-shirt with the ink side facing down.
- Following the directions for the transfer paper, use the iron to transfer to printed quote to the fabric.
- Gently pull off the paper backing. If you notice that some of the words did not completely transfer, simply lay the paper back down and iron over it a few more times.
- Once the image is transfered and the paper backing has been removed, your t-shirt is ready to wear and enjoy!
Use the same technique to put the quote on a tote bag or other fabric item.
Print other favorite movie quotes onto transfer paper to make a variety of fun, movie-inspired clothing.
The sky’s the limit with this fun technique. Customize aprons, t-shirts, cloth bags and more with transfer paper and your child’s favorite quote or book and movie characters!