This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DiscoverTEDDY #CollectiveBias
After school conversations are imperative for an amazing childhood! Why not make them even MORE fun with these crazy-creative ideas?
Whether you homeschool or send your kids to private or public school, it’s always important to re-connect and have fun, after-school conversations on daily basis.
Kids remember connecting with mom and dad.
They remember the special snacks, games and time that their parents invested in just learning about the happenings of their child’s day.
But parents are also tired, busy and have huge, important responsibilities to see to — paying the mortgage, putting groceries in the fridge and making sure there’s clean laundry to wear.
Those are just the very beginning of an adult’s list of constant responsibilities.
That’s where these super simple and fun after-school conversation ideas come in handy!
We want to help parents and kids connect after school.
Don’t worry about brainstorming some new ideas to spark meaningful conversation after school — we’ve done the work for you!
Enjoy this school year and may all your after-school conversations be meaningful, crazy-fun and memorable! <3 <3
10 Ways to Make After School Conversations More Fun
- Use our printable conversation starters. This makes conversation topics a breeze!
Check out our BIG printable list that’s colorful, fun to hold and creative!
It will help you think, laugh and connect!
- Plan a simple snack. Parents are over-loaded with need-to-do tasks. Why make after-school conversations more complicated with elaborate snacks? Why not keep it super simple, but crazy yummy?
Teddy Soft bakes are the perfect, super-cute choice! Who can resist an adorable super-soft teddy bear filled with vanilla or chocolate cream?
Everything that comes from TEDDY is baked with parents and kids in mind.
They use ingredients you’ll love to create flavors your kids will love too. (TEDDY Soft Bakes are made with no high fructose corn syrup and contain no artificial flavors!)
Individually portioned and perfect for any snacking occasion — and that means easy clean-up for busy families!
TEDDY Soft Bakes are more than a treat – when kids uncover the delicious hidden filling within, TEDDY Soft Bakes can help provide moments of surprise and discovery.
And what makes after-school conversations so much fun? Surprises around every corner!
- Change scenery. Don’t think that just because school hours are over that you need to stay at home!
Surprise your child and go on a picnic!
Go to the park or a friend’s house for an after-school conversation.
Changing things up can always add freshness to your after-school chats!
- Play with your child. During your after-school conversations, play with your child’s favorite toys, play basketball or make paper airplanes — with your child.
Can’t think of ways to play WITH your child? Check out our article on that very topic!
Whatever your child’s interests are use those as an open door to get after-school conversations started!
My son loves playing cars so all I have to do is grab some cars and he’s all tuned- in! My teen son loves sports so we connect on the sports level!
My daughters? They love music, writing, baking and art.
You know your child.
Take that knowledge and use it as a way to connect during after-school conversations.
- Mix things up. Be crazy — instead of reading a bedtime story or watching an evening movie, add that to your after-school conversation activities.
With all these unexpected surprises your child will eagerly await after-school conversations!
- Record it. For one week or one month record your after-school conversations. Let your child know these are for keeping and remembering special moments in their childhood.
If your child really loves recording your conversations, keep it up all year long!
- Invite family. Surprise (lots of creative after-school conversations are full of surprises, right?) your child with an uncle aunt, grandparent or cousin who came over just to chat about the day!
Definitely serve Teddy Soft Bakes during your surprise after-school chat. TEDDY Soft Bakes are a great, convenient option for any snacking occasion — especially after-school conversation snack time!
Oooh! Make sure you use the printable conversation starters for this surprise family visit too!
- Talk in silly accents. These really keeps kids’ attention!
Try a cowboy accent, an Australian accent or an English accent.
The sillier the better!
- Wear costumes. Have your child’s favorite dress-up costume ready, Teddy-soft bakes on the counter and the printable conversation starters all sitting out.
But, no one can being snacking or chatting until they’re wearing a special costume — mom and dad included!
- Bring out family photo albums. Perfect time to chat about when mom, dad, grandparents and uncles attended school.
Compare school attire, desks, lunches etc. to today’s choices.
Kids have an easier time connecting when they see other family members have experienced school days too!
Where’d we snag our Teddy Soft Bakes?
So glad you asked!