If you love coconut you’re going to love this scrumptious treat! This The Pink and White Coconut Fudge not only tastes wonderful, but is quick and easy to prepare. Plus, the pink and white colors just seem to squeal, “Welcome Spring!”
I know most people associate fudge with the winter holidays, but this light version is perfect for spring! The colors and taste are perfect for this time of year — even if it is a fudge recipe!
The inspiration for this easy coconut fudge came I was making a few treats in for my daughter’s birthday party. The roads were covered in ice and snow, so I was trying to whip up a few things with the ingredients I already had in the pantry.
That’s when my eyes fell upon the bag of shredded coconut sitting in the corner. Using the coconut and just a few other ingredients, I soon had a very pink and tasty treat prepared for her party. This lovely and delicious dessert truly is a great addition to a party, baby shower, or other spring event. Enjoy!
- 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 3 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (If you prefer, you could substitute some of the vanilla for coconut extract. Example: 1/2 tsp. vanilla and 1/2 tsp. coconut extract)
- In a large bowl, mix together the sweetened condensed milk, shredded coconut and vanilla extract. Incorporate the powdered sugar one cup at a time. If after adding 5 cups of powdered sugar the mixture appears to be too runny, you can add more sugar a little at a time until it reaches a thicker consistency.
- Press half of the mixture into the bottom of an 8 inch pan that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Place the pan in the freezer while you complete the next step.
- Add 4-5 drops of red food coloring to the other half of the mixture to turn it a lovely shade of pink. Pull the pan out again and spread the pink mixture over the white.
- Refrigerate your fudge for several hours.
- When you are ready to serve it, use a knife to cut the fudge into squares.
- Keep any leftover fudge refrigerated.
Jennifer is a wife, mother of three, and former teacher turned stay at home mom. She’s also the face behind the blog The Life of Jennifer Dawn where she shares posts about family, motherhood, crafts, sewing, recipes, and everything in between!