Those are not the sounds a mom wants to be hear — ever.
Moms constantly battle an unseen army of germs. It seems that army targets our kiddos quite often. With some simple tips and tricks, moms can begin to win some of those not-so-fun germy battles.
BATTLE PLAN AGAINST GERMIES!
- Wash hands. Clean your hands and your child’s hands after diaper changes, potty visits, wiping runny noses and especially before eating. Germs can be picked up from anywhere and typically enter the mouth during eating. Ensure that older children and visitors practice good hand-washing as well. Instead of insisting that visitors wash hands, set up a hand-washing area and let everyone know it is available to use at all times and especially before a meal.
- Purchase a shopping cart cover. As you’re entranced in the cereal aisle trying to figure out the best deal per ounce, your munchkin is leaning over licking up all of the previous shoppers’ left-over germs on the handle. Yes, it’s tummy-churning gross, but oh so undeniably true. Grab a cute shopping cart cover. Not only will it protect your bundle from invisible, misery-making organisms, but it will also provide a more comfy ride.
- Keep hands out of the face. Cold and flu viruses can enter through the eyes, nose and mouth. Keeping hands away from these areas will drastically cut down on the amount of germs exposed to your little one’s body.
- Watch out for second-hand smoke. Even though your child does not smoke, just being around cigarette smoke can affect his immune system. Nasal passages are dried out from cigarette smoke and the small hairs inside the nose that protect against germs are temporarily paralyzed when a person breathes in the nicotine filled air.
- Play! Play! Play! Exercises that get blood pumping, oxygen flowing and sweat rolling help protect against viruses.
- Go outside. While getting some fresh air and rays, rest assured that viruses, bacteria, molds, yeasts and fungi are all being exterminated. The ultraviolet rays of the sun are a natural antiseptic. But, the sun, like most things in life, needs to be enjoyed with moderation.
Do you have any tips to share with us moms that helps you keep your kids well healthy and well? Share them in the comments section!