Trim the tree and deck the halls — but keep it simple!
These easy cinnamon gingerbread men ornaments are perfect for trimming your tree the simple, homemade way! And guess what? You probably have all the ingredients in your pantry or fridge!
And, when you bake these super-cute gingerbread men ornaments, your house will be smelling just like Christmas should!
Cinnamon, apples and cloves — oh my!
Sounds Christmasy, right?
And kids will love pressing the gingerbread men cookie cutters into the soft, cinnamon dough.
My kids love to watch cookies, ornaments and bread bake! if your kids do too, they’ll probably be mesmeried with seeing their creation transform into a Christmas ornament!
After all the baking is done, it’s time to place a ribbon, twine or string through your perfectly baked gingerbread man and hang it on the tree!
Don’t you love seeing a tree full of handmade ornaments?
Christmas trees like that seem to welcome everyone into house full of love!
Ready to create some simple decorating memories with your kiddos?
Easy Cinnamon Gingerbread Men Ornaments
- 1 cup cinnamon
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. ground cloves
- one drinking straw
- ribbon or twin
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients, mixing until well combined and a dough begins to form. Sprinkle your surface with extra cinnamon to avoid sticking.
- Place dough mixture onto the surface and knead the dough, then roll it into a ball.
- Roll out your dough flat, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Using your gingerbread men cookie cutters, cut out cinnamon shapes and lay them onto the parchment paper.
- Use a drinking straw and poke a hole in the ornament where you want the string to go through. Leave a little bit of space as a buffer so the ornament does not break.
- Bake in the oven for 2 hours.
- Let the ornament cool, add some ribbon or twine to your ornament and hang for some amazing smelling ornaments.
Be sure to share pictures of YOUR cinnamon gingerbread ornaments with us on Facebook!