How to Make Taco Lasagna
Looking for an easy taco lasagna recipe?
We have a Mexican lasagna recipe our readers love AND we have this taco lasagna!
You’ll absolutely love this easy-peasy version that is uniquely homemade by a mom wholes to cook!
Crazy-easy comfort food is what our family loves best — along as it comes with a heaping full of veggies on the side to keep things healthy.
It’s all about balance, right?
Readers absolutely loved our easy baked taco pie and begged for even more super simple recipes that they’re families will actually want to eat.
Enter our easiest taco lasagna recipe.
It adds a fun twist to your fave cheesy, Mexican dishes!
And our family LOVES easy, Mexican dishes!
We’ll leave a few of our other favorite recipes for you to check out below!
MORE Taco Recipes Families Love
This recipe has black beans, sour cream and corn tortillas!
A yummy meal to dig into any night of the week!
We make these meatless burritos when we have little time to cook!
You can use flour or corn tortillas and have a meal on the table in just 15 minutes!
Cheesy Chicken Nachos.
We make these several times a month and they’re always a hit!
Stove-top Chimichanagas are a cinch to make!
They’re perfectly pan friend and ooze with cheese, shredded or diced meat, and all the perfect seasonings to create a hearty, Mexican meal!
If our family grabs dinner at a favorite Mexican restaurant, we’ll most likely spend $50 on one meal.
This taco lasagna can feed a family of four TWICE and it’s only about $9.50 to whip up!
Our big family of eight eats one pan per meal.
Leftovers don’t happen that often around our house!
I’m thinking let’s eat at home and save the money so we can invest in more important things…like trips to amusement parks and good shoes.
Oh, and here’s a sneaky tip!
If you don’t want to heat uptake oven, you can actually make this recipe in a skillet!
Want to know how to make taco lasagna on the stove?
Simply layer all ingredients as you would the original recipe in a buttered, large sauce pan or buttered, large skillet.
Cook on medium-low heat and cover with a lid.
As soon as cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly, turn off burner and let the sauce pan or skillet sit on the burner for approximately 10minutes.
Then, serve as the easy taco lasagna bake recipe says below!
Ready to Make Taco Lasagna?
Enjoy hearty, super-simple recipe this week with your family!
Be sure to grab a photo of your finished taco lasagna and send it to us on Facebook or Instagram! If you like, we’ll share it with our readers!
Want to grab more family favorite recipes from all your favorite food bloggers?
Join our Fave Recipes for Families group on Facebook!
I’ll see you there!
The Easiest Taco Lasagna
Looking for an easy taco lasagna recipe? You'll absolutely love this easy-peasy version that is uniquely homemade by a mom wholes to cook! Crazy-easy comfort food is what our family loves best --- along as it comes with a heaping full of veggies on the side to keep things healthy. It's all about balance, right?
- 1 jar your favorite salsa
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In medium-sized skillet, combine ground beef and taco seasoning and cook according to package directions for traditional taco meat.
- In the meantime, cook your lasagna noodles until just past el dente, according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse the lasagna noodles, then line the bottom of a casserole dish with three (or more as needed).
- Spread half of the meat mixture over the noodles, then top with 3/4 cup salsa and then 1 cup cheddar cheese. Repeat with a second layer - noodles, meat, salsa, cheese.
- Top the lasagna with the final 3 lasagna noodles and spread the top with remaining cheddar cheese as well as the Monterrey Jack Cheese.
- Cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake in oven until cheese is melted, about 20 minutes. Remove the foil the last five minutes if you want a slightly browned and crunchy top.
- Garnish with tomatoes, sour cream and cilantro, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g