Life gets busy, doesn’t it? One difficult part of motherhood is trying to find enough time for yourself while changing diapers, home-schooling kids and cooking dinner. To save you time and sanity, here are some time-saving hair tips that will help you keep your hair beautiful — without taking up your time!
10 Time-saving Hair Tips for Busy Moms
- Use your favorite body lotion as a hair product. Use approximately one teaspoon of your favorite lotion (mine is here) and smooth it on your ends and over your hair to tame flyaways, give you a sleeker look and make your hair have polished ends. Works like a charm and your hair smells great too!
- Deep condition with coconut oil. I just started deep conditioning treatments last year and it has made a huge difference in my hair. My hair doesn’t fall out as much and it is soft and super smooth. I like using a natural conditioner like coconut oil. You can condition during the day for about three hours, or put the coconut oil on your hair before bed and wash out in the morning. I see best results when I use it all night. If you’re using a commercial mask or conditioner, follow the instructions on there, if not, here are my simple instructions for coconut oil treatment.
How to do an At-Home Coconut Oil Treatment
- Separate hair into super-tiny sections.
- Rub coconut oil all through strands, really focusing on mid-length and ends of hair. I do use a little on my roots but find it more difficult to get a clean, non-greasy look if I use too much on the roots.
- Wrap your hair up in a bun and let condition for three hours then shampoo twice to rinse all the oil out. If doing an overnight treatment, I normally put a towel under my head or you can use a head wrap.
So tell me moms, do you have any time-saving hair tips? Please share them with us on social media! Our moms want to know every time-saving tip available!
*Affiliate links have been added to help you enjoy some time-saving hair tips!*