These Pumpkin Pancakes are Super Fluffy!
When I can find ways to combine two of my favorite Fall foods, chocolate hazelnut spread, and pumpkin, I will.
Especially when that combination comes in the form of impossibly, fluffy pumpkin pancakes!
These pancakes receive a unanimous two thumbs up rating from everyone in the household.
Did you know that pumpkin is a great baking substitute for butter and oil?
Most pancake recipes call for a little of either, but with these pancakes, you don’t use any butter or oil in the batter!
Pumpkin Pancakes are Simple to Make!
Since I love to top my pancakes with something fun like a Nutella drizzle, butter, maple syrup, or a dash of cinnamon, I love that I can save a few calories in the batter, because of the pumpkin, and enjoy a little extra topping instead.
This pumpkin pancake recipe is our favorite because you can actually taste the pumpkin!
Pancakes are made with REAL Pumpkin!
The pumpkin flavor is just strong when blended with the spices that it always reminds me of pumpkin pie.
But there’s only one bowl involved!
Plus, these pancakes are freezer friendly!
You can freeze extra pancakes to quickly reheat later.
Pumpkin Pancakes are Freezer Friendly!
On busy days, we’ve warmed a few and served them with fresh fruit for an easy “fall flavors” breakfast for dinner option.
To portion well for our smaller family members, I make the pancakes about 3″ in diameter, and measure the batter using a cookie scoop.
If you’d like to drizzle on your toppings, especially if you’re using a thick spread like peanut butter or a hazelnut chocolate spread, use a sandwich bag to avoid mess.
Pumpkin Pancakes Can Be Drizzled in Nutella
Just warm the topping in a microwave-safe bowl for about 10 seconds to soften, scoop it into a zip top plastic bag, snip off a corner, and drizzle away!
Your breakfast then looks like it came from a cute neighborhood restaurant, and you have fewer sticky little (or big) hands to wash after. ;)
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
When WIll You Make These Pumpkin Pancakes?
Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes with Nutella Drizzle
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 c chocolate hazelnut spread for drizzling optional
- Stir together the buttermilk, pumpkin puree, egg, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until just combined. The batter will feel a little thick. Set aside.
- Heat a griddle or nonstick skillet over medium heat and scoop in pancake batter. Use the back of the scoop to gently spread out the batter slightly if needed.
- Cook for about 2 minutes until the first side is golden, then gently flip and cook another 1-2 minutes until the second side is golden brown. If the pancakes are browning too quickly, reduce the heat to medium low.
- Transfer the pancakes to a plate and keep in a warm place until ready to serve.
- If you plan to freeze any of the pancakes, allow them to cool completely before placing in a freezer-safe container or bag and freezing.
- Serve the pancakes warm with a drizzle of chocolate hazelnut spread, or other topping of choice.
*Affiliate links have been added to help you make fluffy, pumpkin pancakes!*