Cheesy Broccoli Casserole Made for Keto Diets!
Casseroles are a hearty, comfort food.
But trying to cut carbs make getting our favorite casseroles into our diet a little bit more difficult!
That’s why we LOVE this super simple recipe!
It’s full of flavor and hits the comfort food spot, without breaking the keto diet!
The crust is made with an ingredient that most keto diet fans have in their pantry.
You know what that ingredient is, right?
Yep. I bet you have like 3 bags in your pantry now…ha!
Plus, you probably have a frozen broccoli or fresh broccoli sitting around.
Can’t live on a keto diet without cheese!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR KETO BROCCOLI CASSEROLE:
Frozen chopped broccoli, defrosted.
You can definitely use fresh broccoli in this casserole.
You need to wash, chop, and boil the broccoli first until it’s tender.
This gives it a little kick and makes the casserole super creamy!
This holds the casserole together and should be beaten well.
Softened cream cheese
You can quickly soften cream cheese in the microwave for 10 seconds or leave it at room temperature while you’re working on your other ingredient prepping.
But yes, definitely make sure your cream cheese is room temperature!
Make sure onion is peeled, and chopped.
It’s not the end of the world if you use salted, but you want to try to use unsalted if possible because of the pork rinds.
Crushed pork rind crumbs
These give this casserole an extra punch of flavor as well as that nice, comforting crunch that casserole lovers enjoy on the top of their favorite comfort food!
Shredded cheddar cheese
Cheddar pairs perfectly with broccoli!
Can You Freeze Keto Broccoli Casserole?
You can make this ahead, freeze it, and use it within 3 weeks.
MORE KETO RECIPES YOU”LL LOVE:
Keto Cheesy Broccoli Casserole
- 5 c. Frozen chopped broccoli defrosted
- 1 c. Sour cream
- 1 Egg beaten
- 6 oz. Softened cream cheese
- ½ Onion chopped
- ¼ c. Butter unsalted
- 2 oz. Crushed pork rind crumbs
- 2 c. Shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the defrosted broccoli, sour cream, egg, cream cheese, butter, 1 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese, and salt and pepper into large mixing bowl.
- Stir together until the mixture is combined well.Layer the broccoli mixture into the bottom of a greased casserole dish. Spread mixture into pan evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining cup of cheddar cheese on top of the broccoli mixture.
- Top the casserole with the crushed pork rind crumbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the casserole is browned and bubbly.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.