Egg cups that are Baked in Muffin Tins!
Using muffin tins to make super-easy, low mess and crazy-yummy breakfast (just like these make-ahead breakfast casseroles!) was one of the most genius ideas ever.
Wish I could meet the first person who said…”I wonder if I can bake an omelet in a muffin tin…”
Because I would give them a high five, take a selfie and share with the world that I met the #breakfastgenius of the century.
Moving on to the egg cups…:)
Egg cups are super versatile!
I love that you can change ’em up based on your mood or preferences.
And they’re incredibly portable…and freezer friendly too!
How to Freeze Baked Egg Cups
I didn’t want you to leave this recipe without knowing how to freeze these egg cups!
It’s pretty simple!
Bake the egg cups as directed in the recipe and let completely cool.
When completely cooled, place Southwestern egg cups in a freezer safe bag or container and store for up to 3 months.
And when you’re ready to prepare, thaw overnight in the fridge OR pop in the microwave for a quick defrost.
Then, heat and eat!
Make, bake, freeze and take!
Sounds like an egg commercial, right? ;0)
I love batch cooking….when I do it.
Most of the time I’m figuring out what to make anywhere from 30 minutes to two days before each meal.
Sometimes I’ve been wild and crazy and did the monthly or weekly planning, but most of the time I work with what we have in the kitchen and try to make it super-yummy!
But when I’m in a planning mood, I’ll batch cook.
It’s a wonderful feeling to mess up the kitchen one good time and make about 15 meals.
If you love freezer cooking and batch cooking, definitely add this egg cup recipe to your meal plan!
Plus, if you have teen boys in the house…ahem…you can always say, “Grab an egg cup from the freezer if you’re hungry!”
This way you know your teen son is getting a protein packed, homemade snack with ingredients you can pronounce.
And it’s protein…
That should keep your teen son full for…let’s see…46.3 seconds..;0)
If you love eating egg-centered breakfasts, then check out these other easy, egg breakfast recipes!
More Baked Egg Recipes!
- Keto Crustless Quiche
- Southwestern breakfast casserole
- Low Calorie Egg Cups
- Ham and Havarti Mini Quiches
Be sure to check out our Easy Recipe Book Collection for busy people like YOU!
Want more recipes? Join our Fave Recipes for Family Recipe Group on Facebook! See you there!
Southwestern Egg Cups that are Incredibly Easy
- 6 Eggs beaten
- 1/4 c heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 c Chopped onion
- 1 c Chopped bell pepper
- 1 c Cubed ham pieces
- 1 c shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs for garnish optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Press a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each section of a greased muffin pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the onion, bell pepper and ham cubes.
- Stir to combine.
- Place a large spoonful of the filling mixture into each of the cups in the muffin pan.
- Beat together 6 eggs, and mix in ¼ cup of heavy whipping cream.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour some of the egg mixture into each of the cups.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until cooked through.
- Sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese onto the top of each of the omelette cups.
- Garnish with fresh herbs if desired, and serve immediately or follow our freezer directions in the post ad freeze up to three months.