Families Love These Valentine’s Day Games!
Valentine’s day is just around the corner!
It’s another opportunity to add some extra blessings to our family’s day.
Why not pick a few of these fun games to make the day more memorable?
Valentine’s Day isn’t just for sweethearts, it can be for families too!
Celebrate the day together with your kids and save the evening for just you and your hubby.
Don’t worry, these games are super-simple, take little time and little prep because I know you’re all super-busy!
Pick two or three from this list and your Valentine’s Day will be crazy fun.
Your kids will remember these special times as a family and you can be sure heart-to-heart connections will be made!
Ready to have some fun and make some awesome memories! Let’s go!
Fun Family Games for Valentine’s Day
Who Do You Love?
This is a great game for your family if you have small children.
No winners or losers!
- Arrange chairs in a circle so that the seats are facing inside.
- The player who is “it” stands in the center of the circle, and the other kids sit in the chairs facing her.
- The “it” approaches one of the seated children and says, “Who do you love?” The player who is approached must come up with an answer, such as “I love everyone wearing pink” or “I love everyone who has a dog,” and then anyone wearing pink or who has a pet dog must stand up and scramble to find a new seat.
- Players cannot shift to the seat next to them, should it become vacant. They must move at least two chairs away from their original spot.
- In the meantime, “it” should try to sit down in one of the vacant chairs.
- Once everyone finds a spot, the one player left standing becomes the new “it” and must then approach a seated player and ask, “Who do you love?”
- Play until everyone wants to stop!
Valentine’s Games That Your Family Will Love!
Valentine’s Day Party Word Mix
Love word games?
Here’s the game for your crew.
- Before the game, write on index cards thirty different Valentine’s Day related words.
- Mix the cards up and place them in the middle of a table and have each person select two cards.
- Each person then composes a song or poem with those two words in it.
- Then each person reads his poem or sings his song out loud for the entire family.
Valentine’s Day Wink
Such a simple game that ends up in giggles!
- Make a circle of chairs, half the number of participants, plus one.
- Have half the people stand behind the chairs and half sit in the chairs. Make sure there is one empty chair with a person standing behind it.
- The person standing behind the empty chair is “it.”
- “It” then picks one of the people sitting in the chairs and winks at them. The person in the chair has to race to the empty chair before the person standing behind her tags her. If she is tagged, she remains in her seat and “it” winks at another person.
- If the person in the chair gets into the empty chair, the person behind her is the new “it.”
- Repeat as many times as the players want!
Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt
Materials needed:20 paper hearts
- Hide hearts in various places around the house.
- Give kids a basket or cup to place all the hearts they find.
- Set a time limit for the heart hunt.
- When time is up, count hearts to see who got the most and reward with a prize!
Love Your Smile! Instructions:
- Everyone sits in a circle.
- The first player smiles and tries to get each person to smile.
- They get a point for each one that they get to smile on their turn.
- When their turn is over, they “wipe the smile off their face” and it is the next person’s turn!
Heart Bean Bag Toss
A simple game that’s easy to set up and play!
Valentine’s Day Musical Hearts Game
An awesome game that gets your family running, hopping and spinning!
Find the instructions for this Valentine’s Day Game here!
Even More Valentine’s Games for Families!
You can play this game inside OR outside!
Get the full instructions here!
Red or pink spray paint
- Cut a heart-shaped frame out of a corrugated cardboard box and spray paint it red or pink.
- Hang it from a doorway or have two adults hold it.
- Blow up red balloons and tie the ends. Kids try to score by batting it through the opening of the heart to score a point.
Valentine’s Day Game: Pin the Heart on the Fox.
This is incredibly cute!
It’s a foxy, Valentine’s twist to the classic Pin the Tail on the Donkey Game.
Heart Balloon Stomp
8 inches of string per player
- Blow up balloons.
- Give each player a balloon and string.
- Each player ties the heart-shaped balloon around their ankle.
- Once all the players are ready have someone yell, “Get ready, Get Set…STOMP THE HEARTS!”
- Everyone tries to stomp someone else’s balloon and pop it. The person whose balloon remains unpopped is the winner!
Valentine’s Day Seek and Find Game
All you need is this set of cards and you’re ready to go!
Kids love this!
Valentine’s Day Cupid’s Arrow Toss Game
A super simple game for a big group of kids!
Valentine’s Day Heart Zap!
This game is perfect for toddlers all the way to adults!
It can be set up in a few minutes and is great for playing outdoors or indoors.
Adding a Valentine’s Day Twist to classics is the best idea!
Find out how to make your own Heart Tic-Tac-Toe game here!
It’s super simple!
Conversation Hearts Towers
- Give everyone a box of conversation hearts.
- Tell each player to make a tower as tall as they can with conversation hearts.
- The highest tower wins!
Valentine’s Day Twister Game
Love the game Twister?
Try this Conversation Hearts version we absolutely love!
Valentine’s Day Memory Game
Ready for another simple, game?
Try Conversation Hearts memory game that comes with its own printables!
Which Valentine’s Game Will Your Family Play?
*Affiliate links have been added to help you find your game supplies!*