It’s one of those peacemaker recipes that I love to bake!
Pumpkin season comes only once per year, so you can’t just make any pumpkin cookie recipe!
You need a recipe that’s packed full of pumpkin spices and weaves indulgent tiny pieces of chocolate throughout each super soft cookie.
That’s where this super soft, pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipes comes in!
Oh, and when you snag canned pumpkin for this recipe, be sure NOT to grab the pumpkin pie mix.
There’s a difference.
We only want freshly mixed pumpkin-lover spices going into these super-soft cookies!
Don’t be afraid to use your own baked pumpkin puree!
Just substitute the same amount with freshly pureed pumpkin!
Oh, and if you bake fresh pumpkin, you’ll have lots of pumpkin seeds you can roast!
Check out this pumpkin seed recipe for a yummy snack!
(It’s my preference to use fresh pumpkin, but most busy moms use canned pumpkin. We made the recipe busy mom friendly!)
Super Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients Needed for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
- Canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Chocolate chips
And as a mom of young kids, let me tell you a little secret.
I love it when I spy cookies on the dessert table at a holiday party!
That means no cutting a pie, cake, or other dessert for my kids.
It’s a grab and go kind of deal.
Definitely a win for this mom who likes to be able to sit down, relax, and enjoy her holiday dessert without having to cut one more piece of pie or try to make sure frosting isn’t spread on the hostess’s floor.
Do your friends of young kids a favor and bake cookies for every holiday party!
Now, why would a pumpkin pie fan want to indulge in a pumpkin chocolate chip cookie?
It’s called convenience.
Again, with a cookie you can grab n’ go.
No cutting, no extra dessert plate, no waiting in line.
So pumpkin pie fans who don’t want to deal with dessert table drama, can grab a pumpkin chocolate chip cookie and get all their pumpkin sweet desires fulfilled!
Who’s ready to bake some super-soft pumpkin chocolate chip cookies?
I thought you were!
Print out the recipe below and preheat that oven!
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, large
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips, to place on top before baking
- In a large bowl, mix the pumpkin, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vegetable oil egg, vanilla extract, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
- Slowly fold in the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Fold in one cup chocolate chips.
- Cover and chill the dough in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Drop by heaping tablespoon full onto an ungreased baking sheet about 2" apart and add a few extra chocolate chips to the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 331Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 197mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 2gSugar: 30gProtein: 4g
Nutrition values are estimates only, and are provided only as a courtesy.